Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Love Letter to You: 5 Steps for Completing Dream Assignments (Part 3 of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and YOU!)



Introduction: My guest blogger today is David Dibble, creator of DreamWork, host of the DreamWork Global Summit and lead teacher/host of DreamWork Day and the DreamWork Coach Certification Program.  “Most times cancer or any disease is a message that a person has been unwilling in some way to hear or act upon. If one can get the message, in most cases, the disease is no longer necessary.” David also believes the message that needs to be heard and acted upon is encoded in every dream. His four articles or stories about how to access dreams to uncover the hidden messages relating to cancer and other diseases are for you.



A Love Letter to YOU: 5 Steps for Completing Dream Assignments  (Part 3 of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and YOU!)
Do you know how to capture your dreams and connect with Inner-guidance? In most cases, before we can work with a dream, we must capture it. A Dream Assignment is our technique for capturing a dream. A Dream Assignment contains a specific question that is asked of Inner Wisdom. The question may be profound: "What is my life purpose?" Or the question might be quite practical: "What should the cover of my book look like?"

The answer to the question comes in a dream and is revealed through interpretation of the dream, or heard in deep meditation or as intuitive hits during the day. We must keep in mind that whatever the dreamer gets from a dream is “perfect.” Inner Wisdom is running the show when it comes to how much to reveal to the dreamer, too.


A Dream Assignment is a simple letter, written in your own hand, to Inner Wisdom, Inner Knowing, Spirit, God, or the Higher Power of your choice. I choose to write my letters to my Inner Wisdom. However, the letter can be addressed to any name for your Higher Power that resonates with you.


1.       Mantra, Blessing, or Honoring - At the top of your letter, write a phrase or mantra that has power for you as an acknowledgment of your Inner Wisdom. I write a powerful mantra that I have made my own: Thank You – Thank You – Thank You. It’s been shown that gratitude is one of our most powerful healing/connecting energies and this mantra reflects that principle. I write or say this mantra as a way of honoring Inner Wisdom. You will want to use the mantra that most resonates with you.



2.  Today's Date – The date you write the letter.



3.  Salutation - Dear Inner Wisdom or Spirit (or whatever name for
Higher Power feels right to you),


4.  The Body of the Letter –

A.  Write: Thank you for all you have done for me.
B.  Write: If it is your will, please tell me in a dream tonight, (...and ask your question. For example: What is the work that I am here to do in this lifetime that will make my heart sing? OR What is the message that you want me to know by my having this illness in my life?)
C.  Write: I ask this so I can get closer to you. I love you with all my heart.


5.  Sign your name




Here’s an example of what your letter might look like:

Thank You – Thank You – Thank You
Month Day, 20XX
Dear Inner Wisdom,


Thank you for all you have done for me. If it is your will, please tell me in a dream tonight what you want me to know about the cancer in my body. I ask this so I can get closer to you. I love you with all my heart.

Jane (actually sign your name)


When you have your dream, write it down on a pad next to your bed in as much detail as possible. Be sure to write down events in the dream where you felt one way, then something happened in the dream and you felt differently. These are called "turning points." They are important.

If you don't remember your dream, write down the first thought you have when you wake up in the morning. This first thought can be enough to get the message Inner Wisdom wants you to know. If you don't remember your dreams over a number of nights, you may want to set an alarm to wake yourself in the middle of the night so you can remember and record your dream. When all else fails, ask Inner Wisdom to allow you to remember your dreams. A dream will come to you.

In part 4 of this series David will share more practical information on dreams and healing.

By David Dibble

As a guest blogger, I give Kathleen (Kat) O’Keefe-Kanavos permission to use and post the following blogs. David Dibble 10/2/2013

Guest BIO:
David Dibble, former CEO of a successful technology company, is an author,  keynote speaker, trainer, consultant, executive coach, systems thinker, and a practical spiritual teacher. He is the creator of DreamWork, DreamWorkDNA, & The Four Agreements at Work, based upon his eight years of work directly with don Miguel Ruiz, author of the best-selling book The Four Agreements. He is the host of the first ever DreamWork Global Summit and the creator and host of DreamWork Day, a global celebration of dreams, dreaming and dreamworkers. David is the master instructor of the DreamWork Coach Certification Program and winner of the prestigious T Award for innovation in coaching. He can be reached at www.newdreamwork.com or david@newdreamwork.com.

BIO: Kathleen O’Keefe-Kanavos, Intuitive Life Coach, survived three breast cancers, wrote SURVIVING CANCERLAND: Intuitive Aspects of Healing (Cypress House, Jan 2014) http://tinyurl.com/p7cjfxa  websites: http://www.survivingcancerland.com  & Access Your Inner Guide, Hosts Living Well Talk Radio, Cancer Q&A columnist CapeWomenOnlineMagazine, Breast CancerYoga, Dream Queen columnist- Wellness Woman 40 & Beyond, Your Dream Intrepretation , WakeUpWomen; R.A. BLOCH Cancer Foundation Hotline Counselor. Represented by Steve Allen Media

No comments:

Post a Comment