Monday, October 14, 2013

Have you ever had a pet as a nurse or doctor? I had Baby Cakes as my fury nurse during my 10 year battle with breast cancer & recurrence.
When he was sure I was cured, he hung up his nurses cap at ripe ol' age of  27 years, and walked cross the rainbow bridge to "the other side." And although he left me when he was positive he was no longer needed, he left knowing he would always be loved and remembered.
Baby Cakes showed his profound healing skills when he:
  • realized I was too sick from therapy to eat people food, so he brought me his favorite food from his dish and placed it on my chest- his day-old smelly chicken wings. (Yeah, that got me on my feet!)
  • sat on my feet during the night like a mother hen to keep them warm, when I had to use the bathroom, again. Those bathroom  floors were cold in winter.
  • slept with his paws wrapped around my neck and his head on my ear and purred as loudly as possible to shut out the overpowering ringing in my ears from radiation therapy. It was the only way I could take a nap or get to sleep at night. He was much better than a sleeping pill because there were no negative side-effects. Baby was organic.


During my treatment, any time Baby Cakes had to leave my side to eat or use the potty box, he left his little brother Fee-Licks on guard duty.
Fee would quietly and stealthily slink under the covers with just his head showing, eyes alert, ears at the ready, serious face on, and guard me for hours. This is an amazing feat for Fee because he is afraid of mice and spiders and often falls off the back porch or stair railings. Quiet or graceful is not a word that describes Fee, yet,  I never heard or felt him come and go.  Fee took his job very seriously! (Of course Baby-Cakes would drag him to the potty box and bury him alive again for being a "little sh*!" if he didn't.)

Baby Cakes.... My little fury healer.

http://www.survivingcancerland.com


Fee-Licks on guard!

Tell us about the healing powers of YOUR fur babies. Just reading them is healing.


Kathleen (Kat) O'Keefe-Kanavos
www.surivingcancerland.com


SURVIVING CANCERLAND: Intuitive Aspects of Healing (Cypress House Publishing, Jan. 2014: presale page.) http://tinyurl.com/p7cjfxa 

BIO:
Kathleen (Kat) O’Keefe-Kanavos survived aggressive breast cancer—three times—that was missed by physicians and the scientific tests on which they relied. Her prophetic dreams empowered her with information used to convincing doctors to do exploratory surgery. Pathology validated her dreams 

No comments:

Post a Comment